Today was been hectic

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jazzchicken, Nov 22, 2007.

1. jazzchicken

jazzchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2007
    Georgia
    As some of you know, I am not home with the bator full of eggs. Our other grandad said that he would stay and check up on them tonight. Well he goes and calls us from our house. He tells me that the incubator was at 102*. I asked him if he could turn it down just a little and stick around awhile to make sure it was at a steady 100. Well, he was confused on which way to turn the dial on the hovabator. I still think he turned it the wrong way [​IMG]

Well, he didn't like the idea of staying and watching the bator for just a few extra mins. He told me that I shouldn't have come and visited my other grandparents and that I should have stayed home, even though NO ONE was going to be there except me, and taken care of the eggs. So I told him to forget about the eggs and go home since he was in such a hurry.

This whole day I have been worried about the eggs. If this batch of eggs don't hatch, I am just going to search the Farmer's Market bulletin for chickens. I wish I had a broody hen [​IMG]

2. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Awww...I'm sorry to hear that. Hope things will be ok with the bator!

3. Silkie_boi

Silkie_boi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2007
    wishing you the best of luck that things turn out ok [​IMG]:[​IMG]:[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  4. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    I'm sorry you spent the day worried about your eggs. How stressful! I hope they are okay. Keep us posted.

5. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Maybe it won't be so bad. I got home from my sister's house and my bator said 104!!! And I have to go work a 12 hour shift!!! It couldn't have been for long and that thermometer reads high. But still, I had to adjust and leave. Karen

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Try to get a couple Cochin hens. They are broody and excellent mothers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by