Today was the day!!!

Now we are waiting at home to catch the next one. I’m thinking tomorrow but my husband thinks she will lay today. How common is it to start laying consistently right away?
Mine just started laying also- I have 12 RIRs - I’ve gotten 5 eggs in 3 days, 2 the 1st ( one in Am 1 in PM) 1 the 2nd day, and 2 today ( about 3 hrs apart) I’m so excited to get anything as we had a slow start due to them coming to maturity in the shortest daylight months

Here is my solution to them roosting on top of the nest boxes. I removed the top and cut the sides and divider at sharp angles to discourage roosting. I hope this works

Attachments

• 4B5ACFCF-285D-4E5A-BD23-898BBE46C4F6.jpeg
    4B5ACFCF-285D-4E5A-BD23-898BBE46C4F6.jpeg
    672.7 KB · Views: 15
Congratulations! First egg days always feel like Christmas!!!! :wee:ya

Saturday was the worst Christmas ever! Haha I was working on the coop; closing off a high shelf she was trying to get on to lay the egg; when I heard it the plop. Egg dropped from high roost and broke. I was so irritated that I barely paid attention to my first egg call

Saturday was the worst Christmas ever! Haha I was working on the coop; closing off a high shelf she was trying to get on to lay the egg; when I heard it the plop. Egg dropped from high roost and broke. I was so irritated that I barely paid attention to my first egg call
I'm so sorry to hear that!!!!! Luckily.....Christmas will return soon! :yesss: Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom