Today's Sunday Morning Breakfast

Quote:
love.gif
hugs.gif
They don't make em like you any more.

Miss Prissy wrote:

Stop it! You are just teasing us all now!! Talk about stirring the pot!!

Honestly not. I try to keep life as simple as possible. What I have learned over the years is that it's the little simple things in life that bring us the greatest of pleasures. I have a poem that I keep tucked away inside my bible for over 45 years, titled: Simple Things. It has been my life's creed and moto. One day I will share it with you all.

All this fast living, fast food, self induced stress, etc. just makes for a fast exit to the grave. Been there, done that. Got the scars and a t-shirt to prove it.

That's why I so much enjoyed your earlier post about how you live your life. Your family is one blessed bunch of folks to have your in their lives.

While I may be a yankee, I've lived down south and also have a very rich Italian
Heritage. All the things MP said in the wonderful post brought tears and nostalgia
to my eyes thinking about my grandmother. A sunday meal for us would be 8 or 9
courses and 5 to 7 hours. We don't eat like that any more. I'm not even sure how
we did it back then.

Both me & my wife love to cook. I cook more often but that is more a schedule
thing (She works 2 to 11PM). Cooking is love for me. It's not throwing something
together to jam down your throat. I also try to cook with my son. Part of having
chickens was to have this shared experience of the whole food cycle.

Finally I feel I have to mention that the food here in Connecticut is second to none.
I've traveled to almost every state, each with it's own specialties. I do miss
some of the more traditional southern dishes we don't find here.

Great Post MissP

HobbyChickener,
Crawfish ship just like baby chicks. They ship them all over the country and Texas too. My pasture is covered with thousands of crawfish mounds right now because of all of this rain. Darn things go crazy out there. Need to put levees around it and sell them buggars to get rid of them.

Got 2 spare bedrooms. BTW But you gotta make your own bed up.

Crawfish are good eaten. I can eat as many as the next person. But I don't get hungry for them like I do my old down home country foods. But then that's the countryboy in me.

Yogi, Not only can I make a bed but my wife showed me how to do the dishes! I would love to get some of your cajun recipes! I can make some of those things but you probably think that useing zatarans is cheating, beside it is always better from scratch!

PurpleChicken wrote to MissPrissy:
"They don't make em like you anymore."

I'll AMEN that! They broke the mold when she was made.

HobbyChickener:
Using Zatarans is kinda, sorta cheaten in a way but it ain't a cardinal sin. IYKWIM Matter of fact, yesterday morning I was making my rib rub to marinate the ribs and I put some "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning from Ville Platte, LA in there to give it a little extra kick.

I don't mind cooking, I just hate "having too" day in and day out. Blah. I guess it wouldn't be so hard if my DH wasn't so D*** picky.
somad.gif

He'll say what's for dinner. I tell him, he turns up his nose at it, and says, "what are my other choices?". This goes on for awhile. Some times I just say, where ever you take me.

I've been married for 2.5 years, and I can't remember the last meal I cooked that "I" really liked. He thinks my tastes are too bland, he even spices up whatever I'm canning so I don't like it when I'm done.
sad.png
I probably wouldn't mind it so much if I could just cook what I want each night like other women, but that's not the case. I'm about ready to say I quit.

I have acid reflux, and can't do hot stuff, nor do I like it anyway.

I don't mind baking though, as long as I'm not doing it all the time.

I am trying to "eat to live" because for the last 20 years I have been living to eat! Now I just turned 40 and have decided I better do something or it's an early grave. My breakfast now consists of coffee( gotta have that!) and 1 pk of instant oatmeal with a few nuts in it. The lower sugar kind at that. I have lost 17 lbs since the 1st of the year and my DH has lost 23! we are just cutting back and eating smaller portions and gave up sodas. But I LOVE TO EAT!

Back
Top Bottom