Toddlers and Scissors

journey11

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 14, 2009
WV
caf.gif
You know you are a BYC addict when you're so absorbed in your post reading that your toddler can come within millimeters of giving you a haircut before you look up from your computer!

DD runs up to me and mumbles something in toddler-speak and I go "mmmmhmmm baby" then recoil in surprise as I feel her press a pair of cold, pointy SCISSORS against the side of my head that DH appearantly left on the counter. Upon reflection I realized that what she said to me that I so absently ignored was "HOLD STILL, I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU A HAIRCUT".

Looked her over good, no haircut on herself. Checked the dogs...they're still fuzzy. THAT was a close one!

So I guess this means this will be my last post for the evening.
th.gif

I came home once to find that my daughter, who was about three at the time, had drawn a lovely seascape in magic marker on the wall above our couch. About 8 feet long, as high as she could reach standing on the back of the couch, four different colors of pens. All this while my wife was on the computer all afternoon. Must have taken at least two hours, given the level of detail.

My little girl always saw pictures above the sofa on TV, and we didn't have one, so she drew one.

Took me about 8 coats of primer to cover that ...

As far as scissors go, she only used those to cut holes in her clothes one time.

Smart lil goobers arent they!

3 weeks ago this monday I was tellin the crib midget that he needed a hair cut that morning when he woke up. So later that afternoon as I was let the mutts out. That takes all of 45-60secs and I walk back from the door to see the crib midget sitting on the kitchen floor with a reverse mohawk!!!!!!!
ep.gif
He had taken my horse clippers and shaved it himself!!! Uhm hello goober winter is comming! You need hair!
hu.gif
So my lil boy looked like a pool ball for a few weeks its a good thing that his hair grows fast!

Silly goober they are!

3 out of 5 of mine chopped off thier bangs at around 5yrs old. I threatened the youngest two with death if they ever cut thier own hair. It worked! LOL

Oldest DD had a kindergarten teacher that would leave the scissors on the tables in the classroom. She would come home with cut up clothes and hair, heck even her socks. Kept asking to have them removed from the tables, finally had to go to the principal.

Quote:
Yep. All my kids cut their own clothing at some point in their lives. Really, it might help moms stay calm if they knew that some of this was coming. LOL

Back
Top Bottom