Toddlers and Tiaras

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chikinmama, Dec 29, 2010.

1. chikinmama

chikinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2010
    Has anyone sen this show on TLC? All I have to say is I wish I could reach thru the tv and smack those morons. I would never ever do that to my child.

2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I was just watching today! It creeps me out and always seems like the moms are way more into it then the kids. Who wants people to think their 4 year old daughter is attractive anyways?

3. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    Yes, I have seen it.

Creepy pretty well covers it (and just a little scary)

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Yup.. just think of all the perverts watching that show... creeps me out too. [​IMG]

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    It's a pretty sick show. I watched it when it first came out and it blew my mind how all these moms talked about how much the kid just "loved" doing it and it was all for them and then they started hammering them to practice and such and all the kid did was whine about why did they have to "keep" doing this & that!! I swear it almost seemed like a form of child abuse!!

6. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    I've never seen it. I don't want to either. I think watching such things only encourages them.

7. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    that's one of the reality show that go's way beyond, the housewives is another one, most of them do

8. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    If everyone agrees that a show like this is heinous, then why talk about it? You're just getting 'Oh, I hate it!' over and over again from differing people.

9. cmb19

cmb19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    PA
    My cousin's daughter was on that show 2 years ago. My cousin is a disgusting, nasty person and her daughter is the BIGGEST brat in our family. I have no tolerance for either of them, but the little girl actually DID love doing pageants. She won a puppy as a prize and I'm honestly not sure if the dog was given away or died, she was excited about it and told everyone, her mom texted pictures of the poor thing and then suddenly it was gone.

I hate that show just because I always think every person on it acts like my snotty cousin and her bratty kid. The best part? My cousin is severely overweight and unattractive and the little girl looks just like her.

10. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    I never watch it. I see enough on the comercial adds, I have no tolerance for the show. My sister did the pagents with my niece for a year or two and stopped. She also did some baby-modeling with her and stuff. I don't know why they stopped, just that they did. I think my niece lost interest and my sis wasn't 'hardcore' about it so she didn't push it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by