Tofu or food? Aka Hen or Roo?

I'm leaning pullet, but I'm never sure until I can see the mature saddle feathers.

Most breeds show them between 12 and 16 weeks, but I'm guessing that she's got Brahma heritage and they're slow-developers even when not slowed down due to an illness.

It can be hard to see the saddle and hackle feathers properly on a solid-colored bird or a bird with a pattern in the feathers but if you put your hand or a piece of paper under them it shows up:

0604221005a_hdr-jpg.3163753

I'm leaning pullet, but I'm never sure until I can see the mature saddle feathers.

Most breeds show them between 12 and 16 weeks, but I'm guessing that she's got Brahma heritage and they're slow-developers even when not slowed down due to an illness.

It can be hard to see the saddle and hackle feathers properly on a solid-colored bird or a bird with a pattern in the feathers but if you put your hand or a piece of paper under them it shows up:

0604221005a_hdr-jpg.3163753
Okay! I will do this in a couple weeks then!

The neck feathers look pointy to me.
She/he finally held still while peaking out at me.
I will update in 2 weeks

Attachments

• 20221011_155552.jpg
    20221011_155552.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 3
I am going to vote pullet, that comb is so pale and she looks part faverolle (the hens are pale, the roosters are black). I apologize if this was already mentioned, what breed is this cutie pie?
Ironically she has the reddest of all my white pullets.
I was told she is a barnyard mix. 😄

Back
Top Bottom