• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orangesplash

Songster
Feb 26, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
I am thinking to buy the Tolbunt Polish and here in my country, there are people who are importing them, i have attached a youtube video of the chickens and would please want experts to comment on the quality.

Also do you think this is a bantam size or large?

FIRST VIDEO with MORE Tolbunt Polish:

please note that for comparison, i am posting 2 videos. one if above and the other video's link is as follows:-

SECOND VIDEO with just a pair of polish at the beginning of the video:-

these are two different people who have the tolbunt polish. which one is the best??

The top video is too dark, and they look like my cuckoo Polish in that light. You need photos in good light.

Bottom video, the cock has his crest tied back so he can see. Not a problem really. I trim the crests on mine for the same reason. Colouring looks interesting, but I have no experience with tolbunt feathering.

The top video is too dark, and they look like my cuckoo Polish in that light. You need photos in good light.

Bottom video, the cock has his crest tied back so he can see. Not a problem really. I trim the crests on mine for the same reason. Colouring looks interesting, but I have no experience with tolbunt feathering.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to answer my query :)

Is it okay if i attach a video of my cuckoo polish and if you could comment on them please.

Regards :)

You may of course! Not sure what help I can be but there are many other polish fanciers here who can chip in.

polish are really cool birds, I love them and their little quirky ways.

Assuming you are looking for the right physical qualities, then check your birds (or ones you might buy) against the breed standard specification.

For example, my cuckoo has a half white crest and pink legs, so she is definitely not show quality as these are faults. I adore her nonetheless!

polish are really cool birds, I love them and their little quirky ways.

Assuming you are looking for the right physical qualities, then check your birds (or ones you might buy) against the breed standard specification.

For example, my cuckoo has a half white crest and pink legs, so she is definitely not show quality as these are faults. I adore her nonetheless!

these are my cuckoo polish. Please take a look

20201001_092954.jpg

yours look similar to mine. White in crest and pink legs which are disqualifications. The breed standard says cuckoo should have cuckoo crests and dark legs. If you are breeding for show or sale then you should try and breed to the standard.

If you are just a hobbyist keeping them for fun and eggs (like me) then it really doesn't matter what colour they are.

View attachment 2355507

yours look similar to mine. White in crest and pink legs which are disqualifications. The breed standard says cuckoo should have cuckoo crests and dark legs. If you are breeding for show or sale then you should try and breed to the standard.

If you are just a hobbyist keeping them for fun and eggs (like me) then it really doesn't matter what colour they are.

well i am not breeding for shows, but i would love to know how to make them the best!! inter-breeding would help?

Back
Top Bottom