Tolbunt Polishes?

Allthefloofs

Songster
Sep 16, 2020
Scottsdale, AZ
Has anyone ordered any Tolbunt polish chicks or pullets from anywhere and if so what was you experience like? Did everything go smoothly? Were they straight run only or could you select pullets? I would really like to get one, preferably a started pullet but I don’t have any experience with the breeders I see online. Thanks!

Good Question!

I did some poking around and is seems like many purchase fertile eggs and hatch them.

I hope you find some nice ones!
I have never hatched before, maybe I can try. I did find Omega Hills Farms that has straight run chicks and hatching eggs so I may go that route in the spring. Chickens are like grownup Pokémon, I just want to catch em all! 😂

I figured I should update this thread. I did order from Omega Hills, not the chicks, but eggs. I received 7, hatched 4, sold one and had three left, all girls (3 was the goal). The girls are wonderful. Very sweet, friendly, affectionate. They don't have insane crests like my bearded BLP, they can see fine. I didn't get any frizzles, though they do have frizzles in their breeding population. I would definitely do it again. They are lovely birds, beautiful coloration and really great temperament.

I figured I should update this thread. I did order from Omega Hills, not the chicks, but eggs. I received 7, hatched 4, sold one and had three left, all girls (3 was the goal). The girls are wonderful. Very sweet, friendly, affectionate. They don't have insane crests like my bearded BLP, they can see fine. I didn't get any frizzles, though they do have frizzles in their breeding population. I would definitely do it again. They are lovely birds, beautiful coloration and really great temperament.
That is a nice hatch!

That is a nice hatch!
All 7 of the eggs developed, none were unfertilized. I was using a super cheap incubator that had a tough time with temp and humidity. Even after calibration I had a hard time keeping it stable, so I think that is why I didn't have more. As I candled all the eggs looked beautiful up until the last couple days.
IMG_5818.jpeg
IMG_5940.jpeg
IMG_6860.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom