Tolouse and Chinese Swan Geese Gosling?

Gigi1147

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 27, 2013
Napa, CA
Hi everyone, I have 3 geese, the girl, Lucy, is a Tolouse and the boys, Lewis and Luke, are Chinese Swan Geese. My brother went outside and noticed that there was an egg by their pool. Just laying in the dirt. I had noticed that she was over there awhile when the boys were not but didn't think much about it. We're newbies at how to care for the eggs since we got ours as fully grown. Are there more to come? Should I buy an incubator? The boys are about 3 years old and the girl is about 2. Can anyone give me some instructions or tips on how to care for the egg? Do we give it back to the girl to sit on? I don't want one of the boys stepping on it and breaking it so I have it at the moment until I know what to do. Thanks in advance xx

Last edited:
There will be more eggs. Toulouse should lay 35+ eggs but have been known to lay as much as 60. That is if you dont let her go broody. Since it wasnt in a nest you did the right thing by taking it. Give her some bedding such as hay or straw to use as nesting material in a nice secure dry place such as a corner of their house or coop. The ganders will be protective of the nest and eggs and very protective of the goslings if you decide to let her hatch any. The shell of a goose egg is thick so it would take a lot of force and unless the boys were constantly running over it i dont believe they could break it.
Unless you want to try incubating a lot of eggs then i wouldnt go buy an incubator, but thats totally up to you. Also she will lay an egg every other day.

Back
Top Bottom