Tom Turkey Died/Need Advice

Blackhead disease in turkeys causes liver damage. I'm looking to see if I can find a pic.

Well apparently blackhead disease has nothing to do wiht them getting a black head...you would think...I got nothin!! Sorry I couldn't help!

Last edited:
Perhaps he had fowl pox ... if they get it in their throat I think it can cause death. Otherwise it just give pox marks around their head and eventually goes away with no other symptoms. It's very contagious.

Thanks to pinkchick and all the others trying to help out.......pinkchick helped euthanize puffy while I was at work. My wife was too emotional to be involved, and pinkchick and her hubby came right over to help with this difficult situation. We'll probably never know for sure what happened, but my thanks to all for the care and concern. Ivan, thanks for the invaluable links that will undoubtedly come in handy in the future.

To pinkchick........I value your help and thank you for getting involved........I didn't really get to see up close the symptoms, and was relying on the description of an inconsolable wife. Your closer examination is and was appreciated and let the community here get more info for a possible diagnosis.

Thanks again to one and all that tried to help,

chunky_ficken

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom