Tomatoes

Tah-Dah! Guess what this is, yet? View attachment 1862051 View attachment 1862053
Other than 'uniquely colored', I'm not sure how to describe the Atomic Grape. I've never tried that one, but I've seen pictures of its beautifulness. I do know the dark streaks in bi-colored tomatoes are the antixoidents or something like that in it.

It has like an eggplant color..it's beautiful! I really don't know anything about tomatoes, I'm just getting started in the gardening world. I watch Jess-'Roots and Refuge' on YouTube.

Tah-Dah! Guess what this is, yet? View attachment 1862051 View attachment 1862053
Other than 'uniquely colored', I'm not sure how to describe the Atomic Grape. I've never tried that one, but I've seen pictures of its beautifulness. I do know the dark streaks in bi-colored tomatoes are the antixoidents or something like that in it.

This one looks very meaty not many seeds in it. yummm I can't wait to pick that first ripe tomato off the vine!

Tomatoes don't like to be watered that much. You shouldn't have to water but every 3 to 5 days at most. They need to dry out between watering. I live in Phoenix and only water about every 5 to 7 days here.

I have mine planted with other things so I water around them and that's enough for the tomatoes. Haven't directly watered a tomato plant in months.

The answer is: Black Beauty! It is an open pollinated variety created by Brad Gates of Wild Boar Farms. The flavor is quite unique- mild with a hint of sweetness.

It's really a pretty tomato! I'm waiting on my Pink Boar tomatoes to ripen, think that's my only Wild Boar tomato this year...

How are you all handling your tomatoes?

I grow 4 cherry tomatoes up a 8' section of 54" 4x4 fence with two 2x2's for support on 24" garden stakes. That works great.

Big tomatoes I have tried stakes but they get to big. I did 4x4 fence which seemed to be working good and now they are over 5' tall and going to flop over now. Do I need to top them with pruners?

You probably could. I had to take the shears to my beefsteak tomato because the plant was just getting way too big. If you top off your plants, they might start branching out.

Back
Top Bottom