Tomatoes?

TommyDaDelaware

Songster
7 Years
Aug 24, 2012
Central WI.
We occasionally feed Tomatoes as a treat to our Turkeys/ducks but i was wondering if there were any harm in feeding them to chickens? Sorry if someone already asked this. :) I just have Tomatoes coming out My EARS, and have nothing to do with them. Some are bigger than my fist, not rotting, just got the occasional bee burrowing in them. I wanted to treat my chickies to something new. So, is it possible to feed tomatoes?? Thanks!!

My chickens have picked my garden clean of tomatoes. They'd all be dead by now if was going to hurt them, lol. They love them, ripe ones only though. The romaine lettuce I grew for them, they won't touch, lol.

My chickies love cukes and other garden plants, too! I just havent given them 'maters yet! :) Just had to make sure they were safe! Are there any Nutritional benefits of tomatoes, or just happy hens? :D

Mine eat so many that their eggs should be tomato flavored. They love this time of year, I'm making salsa like crazy and all the trimmings go to the birds. Cept the onion peels, they didn't eat them so they just go to the compost.

Mine just got their first taste of Tomatoes tonight! Tommy the delaware cockerel decided to run around with a large, split cherry tomato in his mouth, peeping. LOL! The others were chasing him. He got under the truck, held it down WITH HIS FOOT, and proceeded to peck and eat it... LOL!

mine love tomatoes too! they grab the cherry tomatoes so fast and run around churping...it's adorable :)
Our flock love the cherry tomatoes! Just the right size!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom