Tomatotux Introduction

Tomatotux

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2021
Hi everyone! I’m tomatotux and I live on a mini farm with my family in central North Carolina, USA. We currently have 4 Cayugas around 16 weeks old (Ariel, Cinderella, Beauty and The Beast), and a 2 ish year old white layer Hybrid (DJ).we also have a cat (Lilo) and a rabbit (White Queen/Sea Salt). We are big on DIY, and are starting a blog we are titling “How hard can it be?” To chronicle our adventures!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, we have always wanted ducks for the eggs, but this is our first foray into the world!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
5 Du

(3) What breeds do you have?
4 Cayuga, 1 white layer hybrid

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
the ducks have such colorful and fun personalities! I love that they feed our family while still being pets and loved on by my family!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to build things, fix things, and spending time with my family! I also love my job, it’s a passion for me!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a beautiful and brilliant wife, 3 kids (5,7, and 11) and a few other pets! I work in computer security and love my job as well as restoring antique tractors and all of our family activities

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community
I’ve been lurking for years as we talked about getting ducks, but have been haunting the forums heavily as we actually built our little flock over the last 6 months. As with many things, it all started with a google search…

I really like your introduction -- especially your blog title. I think if I'd had any idea how hard it would be to take care of all the things that come with country living and raising critters, I MIGHT have reconsidered.

I LOVE life out here, but once in a great while, I'm a bit envious of people whose faucets always produce water (clean, clear water at that) and who don't have to drive 15 miles if they forget something at the grocery store, figure out where the newest hole in the livestock fencing is or why their chicken has a poopy butt.

It's harder than I first imagined and more rewarding than I could have dreamed up. Great idea for a blog!

Welcome to BYC, glad you finally joined and look forward to you being a part of the conversations. You will be a great addition to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom