tomorrow is the day..

bug spray, mouse traps, a tip-proof, latching trash can, and a good telescope are essentails. oh and get solar landscaping lights, Not those Aweful hugmongous floodlights. its pretty dark round here esp when its new moon. but to be able to see ALL those Stars is just amazing and well worth the scarey darkness. ... oh and a pick-up, lol, we had an suv and still were saying all the time "we need a truck for this" ya know when the nieghbor lends ya a tiller, or a riding mower cuz yours broke, or a wheelbarrow, or wants to give ya some insanely large tomato cages, or concrete wire stuff, or wood, or dirt.... or a trampoline, or..... well you get the idea!

wonderful advice everyone! i am trying to soak up as much as possible before tomorrow!
lol.png

That's funny what they said about the supplies. I have a filter for my drinking water. But if the power goes...????I keep filtered water in washed plastic juice bottles in the chest freezer. I date them but you wouldn't need to really.

Wishing you all the luck in the world in your new house. But the country isn't quiet. There are crickets and birds and coyotes and the wind. All the wonderful sounds of nature that you miss out on in the city.

I live 3 miles from a town and can still hear the train that goes through town. I hear the trafic of the county road.

oh i hope so! i do have one boy who is less than thrilled about it but i have promised them all that i will go pick up their friends on the weekends.
we were in the paper again! apparently, there was a lot of backlash over my neighbors temper tantrum that precipitated this whole thing and there was a whole page devoted to comments in our favor!
lol.png

oh well, my man eating goat babies wont ever terrorize him again so he should sleep well tonight.
lol.png
smack.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I would give yourself one full year to get used to it. You need to go through all the seasons to understand what the country is, even if it isn't far from where you were before. Quiet is different in winter than summer, time is different in winter than summer. (just my opinion
wink.png
) And really, it takes about that long to get used to not freaking out every time the kids go outside unsupervised.

i agree with that..i think this will be a good test to see if this is what we really want. i think it is, but its always good to be sure.

Quote:
oh! its you! well i wish you the best of luck out there with your goats and chickens. my dd gets "so bored" out here sometimes. her dad lives right IN town, like in the main downtown area, and so she just goes across the street or whatever to visit her friends there. i tried getting her involved in something like sports or girl scouts, but she doesnt want to. but on the other hand she likes that i told her she can get any animal she wants as long as she pays for everything it needs, finds out how to care for it and takes care of it herself. so shes currently saved up $40 of her $5/week allowance towards her goat! ( i want goats too, so i am A-OK with this idea, lol)

Back
Top Bottom