Tomorrow Last Day for Stray Dog

drdoolittle

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 30, 2010
NE Indiana
Some of you may have seen my post a few days ago about a dog that showed up in my area around a week and a half ago. When it was first seen by my DH, we just thought it was a neighbor's dog that had just wandered down to our house. Friday morning he was out in our back yard with our GSD, and has been here since. I did take him around to the neighbors on Sat. afternoon to see if he belonged to anyone----no luck. He was apparently dumped on our road, which happens here once in awhile.

I have to take him to the local shelter tomorrow afternoon when they open. I've put found ads on several sites including CL, but no replies. I feel sad for him, as I think he'd be a great dog for someone, but we have 4 rescues already and he doesn't get along with all of them. I'm sure he'll get adopted from the shelter----they are very good about not putting down many animals------they went on the news in June about being overcrowded and possibly having to euthanise several animals, and had 80-some adoptions in that month alone! I just hate to see an animal go to a shelter as it can be very stressful/scary for them.

Anyway, here are some pics. of him.

64357_goatsflowers_205.jpg

64357_goatsflowers_202.jpg

64357_goatsflowers_204.jpg

Took dog to the shelter about an hour ago----I never called him by any name, as it would have made it harder. Anyway, I feel good about where I took him---they will keep him "forever" (until he's adopted). Also, the woman in charge of taking him back to the kennels really liked the dog, so that made it a lot easier.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom