Tomorrow should be the big day!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kiplingchick, Apr 24, 2011.

1. kiplingchick

kiplingchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    Central NC
    We are expecting our very first chicks from McMurray tomorrow. Brooder is all set up and ready. I'll pick them up at the PO early in the morning, get them settled, but then I have to go to work [​IMG] I'll be home around 1:30 pm, so I'm hoping they'll be fine for those 5 1/2 hrs or so. I ordered 2 each Buff Orpingtons, SLW, Dominiques, Black Astralorps, NH, and EE. The rest of the chicks are for friends... I don't even remember what they ordered.

Hoping for a delivery of healthy chicks and that my 5 hrs of work flies by tomorrow so I can get home to my peeps!

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Congrats on the chicks!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Chickeninthemeadow

Chickeninthemeadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Wooo hooo! Congrats on the peeps! Have you run a dry run with thermometers to make sure everything is the right temperature? With you having to be gone, it may be a good idea. Hopefully it won't be too warm on them. I was out working on the coop today and wow, it sure was hot during part of it. Made good progress though.

4. Balbinka

Balbinka Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    California
    Good luck, and congratulations!

5. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    They should be fine, I got my shipment of 75 last week from McMurray and all were alive on arrival and no fatalities yet, hopeing each hen dies of old age many years from now.
    Just be sure to introduce them to the water, dip those beaks to give them a good start.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by