Tonight is day 21..UPDATE:SOMEONE IN THERE IS CHIRPING!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by P0U1TRYP3RS0N, Apr 10, 2008.

1. P0U1TRYP3RS0N

P0U1TRYP3RS0N Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Last night was day 20 and there are still no pips, no noise that I can hear, the eggs aren't moving....There are 10 eggs in there, 4 of which I thought looked dead at the last candling, but still, the other 6 aren't doing anything!!!! The humidity was a bit too high, but would that kill all of them?? I'm so worrried and disappointed.
    UPDATE: I was just checking and still no pips but someone was very plaintively chirping in there [​IMG] ! I brought in one of the cochin chicks from the brooder and let it sit on top of the incubator and chirp--hoping to encourage the chicks in there to try and hatch. Well, if the humidity was too high, wouldn't the chick have gotten a mouthful of water when it got into the aircell? But if it's chirping. doesn't that mean it has to have air and not a mouthful of water??
    The wells in there look almost empty, but there's still condensation on the windows...So do I add more water or no?? Please reply!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  2. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    Give it about 4 more days. They don't always keep to our schedule.

Arklady

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by