Tons of questions!

AndyP

Chirping
6 Years
May 4, 2014
Northeast Indiana
Hi, My name is Andy, and I'm a chickenaholic, I'm glad I stumbled on this support group! LOL!
What started innocently in the spring of '13 with our little girls wanting to get baby chicks from Rural King, has turned into a full blown addiction. Last year we got 2 ea. of EE, Jersey Giants, Brahmas, White Leghorns and 4 other mystery chicks. We let them free range, which actually meant we opened up a free coyote buffet... So this year we built a 8x10 coop with a 16x40 fenced run. (I'll post pics soon) I started this year off with an order from Mt. Healthy for 100 assorted mixed heavies. I was a little disappointed when they came and found I received 100 black giants, but all were healthy and alive. 50 were cockerels and 50 straight run. A feed run to Rural King resulted in adding 2 ea. of BR, RIR, ISA Brown, BO, 20 straight run mix of Leghorn and amberlinks, 6 CRX, and one ea. of SLW and GLW. at 11 weeks old now we have lost a few BG and all of the CRX, but the flock is doing well. I have bred and shown coonhounds in the past and have been judging coonhounds for UKC for 17 years, and recently that has sparked my interest in breeding chickens to SOP. At this point, the search is on for breeders to purchase brood stock from. My real affection is for the BR and BO breeds, but The GLW's are right up there too. Any help with advice and contact info for breeders would be appreciated!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Wow, you ARE addicted! But you are not alone here on BYC. We all are obsessed with poultry and that is why we are all here! So pull up a roost bar and make yourself at home here with other addicts!
lol.png

Here is a GLW thread you might want to check out, join in and share your experiences with others....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/540948/golden-laced-wyandotte-thread

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and we are so glad you joined!

Alright Andy,
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Oh ya the poultry addition it hits hard sometimes but controllable and that is the reason most members are here and no there is no 12 steep program in place for it
lau.gif

kelsie2290, I've been through that section a lot today, but some posts are so old that I've found some of the members/websites are not current. I'm really looking for people that I can contact and get info on ordering birds quickly. I do appreciate the lead, but I'm a very impatient person and looking for quick results!

Back
Top Bottom