Tony's Pizza: Mold!!! Pics Added...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Dec 21, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Yesterday when my dad and I went grocery shopping, we picked up several Tony's frozen pizzas (the mini party ones) for supper. When we got home, we were disgusted to find that each frozen pizza was covered in black/blue/green mold!!! [​IMG] The frozen pizzas had not been opened at all and there was no expiration date on the box. [​IMG] The cheese on them was yellow colored and looked really old. And on one of the pizzas, the mold was covering almost half the pizza! [​IMG]
    This has happened once before but only one pizza was like that. I actually ate some of it because I thought that the different-colored cheese was normal. [​IMG]

Ugh we are definitely bringing them back and getting a refund! What would you guys do???

I can post pictures of how bad they look if you want. [​IMG] I can't believe they would even sell those!!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    take pictures and call Tony....

he may want you to return the pizzas to the store, or he may want you to send them to him at his cost, and them refund your money + many many bonuses.

A few years ago I had freezies for the kids that were green, It was when Shrek first came out.. well there was a fly in the freezie. Kisco, the maker refunded my money and gave me coupons out the wazoo

3. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    OK here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will see if my dad will call "Tony"...he may just bring it back to the store.

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That is disgusting! I would definitely call the company.

5. ebwy

ebwy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2009
    UK
    definitely let them know, some companies give vouchers and refunds

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    OMG! That looks like a pizza that got left behind for awhile and employee must have found it and put it in the freezer without looking into it! [​IMG]

Complaints to the store and company would do it! They owe you an apology!

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Sometimes when a freezer in the grocery malfunctions, the food thaws and they're supposed to throw it out. I suspect most of them just refreeze it and sell it. That would explain why you have so many moldy pizzas from the same store. I bet if your parents outright ask them if they have a broken freezer recently, the answer would be yes. I had that happen with raw chicken once. The freezers melted in a power outage and they refroze and sold the meat. I got the frozen meat home, thawed it and it STUNK, so I took it back and the customer service woman told me they'd had some trouble with the freezers. [​IMG]

I'd just take them back to the store and get a refund. It might not be Tony's fault at all, it might be the store mismanaging the product.

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I imagine a customer carried it around the store awhile and it got warm and they decided they wanted a frozen one and put that one back and got out a new one. Most employees know better but consumers just don't seem to care who they poison by being so careless.

9. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Yeah what Belle said, those must have been thawed at some point, then put back in the freezer, if properly frozen mold would not be able to grow. Maybe they were left in a cart then just restocked without careing how long it sat in the Isle or at the Checkout stand before being returned to the freezer section.

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by