Too cold for 10 week old chicks?

Thanks everyone! I'll make sure that there is sufficient ventilation, thanks for the tip about dripping windows. The pullets (!) told me that they are, in fact, big girls and to stop treating them like babies. Pretty soon they'll be slamming doors and scowling at me :)

Liz
Thank you for posting this question! I am in the mountains in western NC, first time having chickens. It is 12/15/2022 and I have the exact same scenario this weekend and was going to bring my pullets in. But, I also feel that idea could have done more harm than good as they need to get used to the cold. I'm going to cross my fingers & worry each night, but am going to do it. 🤞🙏🐔🥶

I’m glad to have found this question as here in Florida we are getting our first taste of winter in what seems like years (down into the 20’s). My girls will be 10-weeks tomorrow and I was wondering the same thing. I know a mature hen would have no problem with these temperatures and it is reassuring to hear that my now “pullets” will not have a problem. I guess I can quit going out checking on them every couple hours through the night.
Thanks for all the answers and happy holidays.

Back
Top Bottom