too crowded??? Please help!!

Try to keep them together if possible -- unless you are prepared to keep them separated forever -- two coops, two runs. I had to separate out one sometime back and although I have successfully gotten her a friend, I have not successfully merged the two "flocks". It's quite a ruckus when they get together.

The two box condo thing is a really good idea.

Jenny

MissJenny is right about not separating the chicks. They form a tight bond at this young age, and they will be a unit from now on. This gives them comfort and safety, and to disrupt this would be as bad as separating young human siblings and raising them separately. Even if they do see each other from time to time, it ruins the bond.

If I were you, I'd join the two plastic tubs together, (you can cut a pass-through in the plastic, too, fashioning the joint out of something such as an oatmeal box and duct tape) or else discard the plastic tubs and go find some cardboard TV boxes.

I just put my in the garage today in a pen with a small coop hubby built I had them in a 55 gal aquarium but at 2 weeks and 22 of them it was getting crowded fast. we have a small room that they are in shut off with an oil heater and heat lamp its 81 degrees in there so they are enjoying having more room and a roost. one already has been on it.

Alright azygous,
I made the condo attaching the 2 tubs with a yogart container. Genius!!! Thank you! Problem is, I think they're a little scared of passing through!!!! Where should I put the feeder and water? All in one or split up?
Best,
Lissadell

Nice-going! Yes, split the water and feed between the two sections. The kidlinks will catch on very quickly, their curiosity over-powering their fear of change.

They'll also quickly adjust to and learn to enjoy the "run", and you'll see some racing about. You may get tempted to keep adding on!

YES!! They were road runner styling in there! Mad dashes through the tunnel!! So much fun!! Watch out I may be adding on. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom