Too Difficult To Hatch?

KingD

🙄🤚©
Jun 19, 2020
England, United Kingdom
Hello all!
I hope you're happy and well!

I purchased some French copper Maran eggs today in view of setting them in the incubator either this evening or tomorrow morning. :D

I've heard reports that they're extremely difficult to hatch as the shells are so tough. Is this true?

Id be really glad of some advice from people with experience in hatching this breed.

I have hatched numerous other eggs in my time but these seem to apear more difficult judging by people's comments elsewhere.

Would the temperature and humidity be the same?
Someone was saying 'lower humidity' but my thoughts are that the humidity would have to be higher?

Anyway, I would really appreciate some help on this!

Thanks a lot.

KingB.

The air cells are really hard to grow unless you keep it at 25-30% humidity.
Maran eggs have been the most difficult eggs for me to hatch. I've had people that have never hatched before buy my Maran eggs... not a good one to start on for sure.
IMG_0199.JPG

I have Blue Marans now, and I'm just focusing on them now. Blue Maran roosters are really sweet but FBCM roosters are devils, lol.
IMG_1279.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

Yeah lower humidity the shells are thicker and lose humidity more slowly.

Also don't take any out before day 18 it's really hard to see. I've set plenty that I was sure we're clears on day 10 and then ended up having babies inside at lockdown.

Maran eggs have been the most difficult eggs for me to hatch. I've had people that have never hatched before buy my Maran eggs... not a good one to start on for sure.
View attachment 2592158
I have Blue Marans now, and I'm just focusing on them now. Blue Maran roosters are really sweet but FBCM roosters are devils, lol.
View attachment 2592171
View attachment 2592178
Ok. So low humidity.
I really hope some hatch.

View attachment 2592158
View attachment 2592171
View attachment 2592178
What sort of humidity do you recommend raising the incubator to in lockdown.
Lockdown starts today!

Back
Top Bottom