Too Fat?? *pic heavy*

LaneHill

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 22, 2011
Endless Mountains PA
Hi, I'm Spot, my lady doesn't know I'm pecking this out, so please don't tell, but I have a very serious question!
I'm almost 19 weeks old & Lady lets us all out to free range every single evening
83500_dscf4030.jpg

That's me in front!!
83500_dscf4022.jpg

Much to our dismay, even the younger ones get let out, but thankfully they stay mostly by Lady because they're only 11 weeks old
tongue.png

83500_dscf4028.jpg

Tonight Pattie & Meme noticed a neighbor from the farm up the road came to visit
83500_dscf4013.jpg

Kitty overheard this neighbor say we were all much too fat!!! & some foreign word that sounded like "Diet"
83500_dscf4019.jpg

So, Pattie gave this interloper her dreaded Stink Eye & the farmer left!
83500_dscf4016.jpg

Seriously though, are we fat?? Because the lady is worried maybe she's giving us too many treats but we think that farmer's chickens are just really skinny because they only get pellets & never get to free range or mealies, or anything fun.....
Opinions?

Cute story. They look fine to me, but if ya wanna know if they ARE fat, here`s how to tell. Hold the suspect upside down and look at the bulgey area ahead of the vent. You`ll probably have to part the feathers in a few places to see it, but the skin is thin and almost transparrent. Look for yellow lines of globs under the skin. That`s chicken fat. A little won`t hurt and at 19 weeks, it shouldn`t be an issue. Just a little trivia for ya........Pop

I think they look gorgeous! Wish they were my flock!

I figure they're like people in this regard - they eat what they're supposed to and their body size and health reflect it.

Back
Top Bottom