Too Friendly

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Matt A NC, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    [​IMG]
    This is Dovey. She is an almost gone Dutch Pullet. She has decided she likes to be spoiled. You can't do anything in the yard because she is constantly flying up on me too see. If I ignore her she will start running back and forth on my shoulders. She knows I have to have a treat somewhere. She makes the cutest little squeaking sound as she does her thing. I love the sounds my little Dutch make. She started this all on her own. I didn't start giving her 'special' treats till she first started jumping on me. Now I have a little greedy monster on my hands(shoulders). If she were bigger it might be a problem, but when grown she should top out at about 15-16 ounces.

Matt

Edited to add: She looks bigger in the picture then she really is. I have small hands and the close up is deceptive.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    awwwwww she is very pretty.

3. BovieVei

BovieVei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2011
    Walnut Creek, CA
    She is so cute!!!

4. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Adorable!!

5. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    She's tiny! How old is she?
    And trust me, there is no such thing as too friendly. If you don't believe me look up "my chickens/chicks hate me" in the BYC search bar and there will be so many topics that your computer has a risk of blowing up... jk... but there will be loads, i guarantee it, I always see posts about how peoples chickens don't like them.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  6. spiritdance

spiritdance Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    I have a Dutch named Dovie too! Mine is a self blue, and it sounds like she's a soulmate to your Dovie. She and her younger sister Pippen are ROTTEN! But how can you not spoil them when they are so personable and just so darn cute?! They have BIIIGGG personalities packed into those little tiny bodies, don't they?

7. char259

char259 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Waynesboro
    awwwww gotta love those sweeties! [​IMG]

8. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, you know you love it! [​IMG]

I have a Cream Brabanter, I call her Petite Miss, because she's kind of small for a large fowl chicken. Anyhow, she walks around constantly chatting to herself, and DEMANDS to be picked up when I'm outside. If I don't, she will fly onto my head, or jump on my back if I'm bending over petting someone else......

I do love her....

9. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    <3ChickenForever :

Adorable!!

x2 [​IMG]

10. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Quote:Dovie is 15.5 weeks old, so she is almost grown. Her little comb and wattles are starting to flush as she is getting closer to adulthood.

Matt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by