Too Friendly

Matt A NC

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 22, 2007
Morganton, NC
545_dovey1.jpg

This is Dovey. She is an almost gone Dutch Pullet. She has decided she likes to be spoiled. You can't do anything in the yard because she is constantly flying up on me too see. If I ignore her she will start running back and forth on my shoulders. She knows I have to have a treat somewhere. She makes the cutest little squeaking sound as she does her thing. I love the sounds my little Dutch make. She started this all on her own. I didn't start giving her 'special' treats till she first started jumping on me. Now I have a little greedy monster on my hands(shoulders). If she were bigger it might be a problem, but when grown she should top out at about 15-16 ounces.

Matt

Edited to add: She looks bigger in the picture then she really is. I have small hands and the close up is deceptive.

Last edited:
She's tiny! How old is she?
And trust me, there is no such thing as too friendly. If you don't believe me look up "my chickens/chicks hate me" in the BYC search bar and there will be so many topics that your computer has a risk of blowing up... jk... but there will be loads, i guarantee it, I always see posts about how peoples chickens don't like them.

Last edited:
I have a Dutch named Dovie too! Mine is a self blue, and it sounds like she's a soulmate to your Dovie. She and her younger sister Pippen are ROTTEN! But how can you not spoil them when they are so personable and just so darn cute?! They have BIIIGGG personalities packed into those little tiny bodies, don't they?

Oh, you know you love it!
lau.gif

I have a Cream Brabanter, I call her Petite Miss, because she's kind of small for a large fowl chicken. Anyhow, she walks around constantly chatting to herself, and DEMANDS to be picked up when I'm outside. If I don't, she will fly onto my head, or jump on my back if I'm bending over petting someone else......

I do love her....

Quote:
Dovie is 15.5 weeks old, so she is almost grown. Her little comb and wattles are starting to flush as she is getting closer to adulthood.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom