too hot or to cold?

chickencity

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
my chicks went outside today and the temp was around 80 and the seem completley fine. when i brought them in the temp in the brooder was 80 so i left it alone. the light was off. they went to sleep a few minutes after that but they were not hudled together and were spread around the floor. a few hours later when i went to check on them they were still sleeping so i truned the lamp on and now they are up and running around. so does it mean that they are cold if they sleep alot. or were they sleeping b/c it was the 1st time they had the light off?

so they were just sleeping alot b/c the light was off. i turned it back on and they havent been quit sence.

after 2 or 3wks id turn my brooder light off at nite.an they would go to sleep.sometimes id forget an leave the light on.an they would stay up all nite an party in the brooder.thus keeping me awake because they was behind my recliner in the livingroom.i was they are dang lil party chicks.

it seems that when ever i turn the light off no matter what time of day it is they go to sleep and stay alseep untill i turn it back on.

Back
Top Bottom