Too many eggs

So you collect 3 eggs every morning or every night though? Maybe put a camera in the coop and see if one is laying more than 1 egg or one of the 3 month old is laying.
I got the 6 eggs yesterday afternoon. I had skipped a day. So 6 eggs in two days. Between yesterday afternoon and this morning I got 3 eggs.

It’s a game of clue now 🤣.
Who’s comb is reddest?
What color egg?
Any of them singing the egg song that you’ve notice?

Or another possibility is one of the older hens had a glitch and laid twice in one day.
The older hen is the reddest. I'll see what the baby's combs look like in a bit. Eggs are whiter but not totally white, like very light brown. I don't know an egg song. The egg color is throwing me. My BO lays nice brown eggs like you'd expect. The Marans has been giving me the whiter eggs. Aren't they supposed to be dark brown? I'm fairly certain it's not the Easter egger, she's still small. It's the white egg in getting two of for the last three days.

The older hen is the reddest. I'll see what the baby's combs look like in a bit. Eggs are whiter but not totally white, like very light brown. I don't know an egg song. The egg color is throwing me. My BO lays nice brown eggs like you'd expect. The Marans has been giving me the whiter eggs. Aren't they supposed to be dark brown? I'm fairly certain it's not the Easter egger, she's still small. It's the white egg in getting two of for the last three days.
The marans lay brown to chocolate brown eggs. I would double check the color of the younger ones combs and you might find the culprit to the extra egg. My guess is the BO.

The marans lay brown to chocolate brown eggs. I would double check the color of the younger ones combs and you might find the culprit to the extra egg. My guess is the BO.
That would mean the BO is laying 3 eggs a day. One brown one and two white ones.

Back
Top Bottom