5 turkeys
2 horses
2 goats
2 cats
1 dog
1 pond comet
1 gold koi
2 humungo goldfish

I also care for about 40 parrots, but they don't belong to me. Sometimes I feel like they do though! They are such babies!

Wow. I kinda wished I had a parrot but those two darn Parakeets drive me nuts with their chirping.
lau.gif

4 dogs:
Akela - ancient Rott/Blue Healer
Bridget - old Great Dane
Anastasia -Great Pyrenes/Anatolian Shep
Samson - Chihuahua/pomeranian

3 cats:
Houdini and Heidi - long-haired grey tabbies...came w/ the house
Zane - silver tabby shorthair

2 Nigerian Dwarf goats:
Troll Buster and Vesta

Mini pig
Hamlet (my best buddy!)

2 snakes
Barnabas - African Royal Python
Elwood - Emory's Rat Snake

African Sulcatta tortoise:
Sully - lives out w/ our chickens during the warm part of the year, inside during our short Texas winter

Canary:
Django

6 parakeets (no idea what their names are)

4 French Lop bunnies -
Lucky (buck), Gabrielle, Brounetta and Beaterice (does)

Buncha guinea pigs (only one I know the name of is Helen, my blind one..the rest are my wive's)

12 goldfish in our water garden...no names so far!

Last edited:
5 dogs
1 shepard lab x Dutch
1 wolf husky cross True
1 Germand shepard Morgan
2 min schnausers Jack and Maggie, She's due this week!

2 Hedge hogs Cassie and Maisy
2 Leopard Geckos
1 White Line Gecko
2 Checkered giant bunnies down from 11 two weeks ago.
15 chickens
2 khaki campbell ducks
3 goldfish
And always contemplating more!
lau.gif

Here is my gang
Cats:
Cubbie
Geordi
Pixie
Tipsy
Teetonka
Elliot
Hermie
Tink Tink
Whirly Girl
Bat Cat
Ricky Bobby

Fostering 5 kittens at the moment

dogs
Wrigley-Border Collie
Bindy Sue-Aus Cattle Dog
Flagg
Daytona
Bristol -those 3 are pbgvs
Simon-older than the hills ACD/doxie mix
I more PBGV to be coming soon-Mimi

tortoise
Phantom
Tequila
Lady heather
Cruisier
Those 4 are russian tortoises
Charlotte-Cherry headed tortoise

Chickens-9 at the moment and waiting for some to hatch

I say "too many" animals all depends on the person and the situation. For some 2 dogs is too many for them to handle and take care of properly. If you can love them and keep them clean, fed, happy and can afford vet care then you don't have too many. I am the young mother (24 yrs old) to 4 dogs, 4 cats, 4 nigerian dwarf goats, 4 rats, 2 leopard geckos, and 25 young chickens with 30 more fertile eggs in the incubator. Now do I have too many animals? Well I got this feeling after we rescued the 4th cat, and the 4th dog, and the 4th goat, and the 4th rat...the feeling that, we could not rescue anymore then that and still be able to give them all the affection they need. Maybe has something to do with number of hands available. Between me and my fiance, that is 4 hands, perfect number to be able to pet all 4 of each species at a time. Don't know. Besides adding some chickens, I would say we are at capacity. I am sure there are MANY people who can handle more and some that can't handle as much, but for us atleast we just knew that 1 more would be too many.

Happy animals at Howling Woods Farm www.freewebs.com/sirmookie our website

Thank you howlingwoodsfarm!!!!!!!! My family always says I have too many animals. We live in the country of five acres with the animals in my signature. They all live in the city with little backyards. I don't work. They all have jobs. I want to give of myself--they don't. Too greedy with their time and money. Like you said about some not needing alot of animals.

I have always believed that my animals have brought me more love and affection than any other hobby could have. I'm sure some think it's too expensive but I'd rather spend money on my animals and kiddos than anything else.

You go girl! I can't have things like Cows or Horses so let me have my chickens and ducks, dogs and cats and others.

Its always been my dream to live on a small farm.. and have all the animals I want! to me that would be paradise!

lets see

I have

1 rooster
1 hen
3 chicks

3 cats inside- micah, myah, mallie

1 crazy chow dog- malachai

then my neighbor moved away and left behind a terrified hymalayian cat
that wanted nothing to do with people... its taken over a year to tame her..

oh did i mention that she was also pregnant when they left her behind?
she had 3 kittens.. i found a home for one as a barn cat..

and now this spring the momma and the 2 teenagers from the last litter all had kittens ... so that makes ummm

11 outside... oh anyone need a kitten?

when i get that farm .. i want goats, horses, sheep sigh... some day

any single guys out there in their 40's with a farm??????? hahahaha

Ok we had to send Scooter back to his original owner despite the love we had for him. We just couldn't get him to litter train. So she brought us his brother. Beautiful black cat with hazel eyes, silver tips on his fur (won't stay) Crazy personality. Won't replace Scooter but at least he uses the kitty box. I call him Bunky. Chelsea wanted to name him Lunatic because he chased his tail. Then he sat on my lap really funny and she said he looked like her PawPaw Miranda so I thought we would name him Arthur (my dads name May he rest in peace). But Bunky stuck.

Back
Top Bottom