Too much food

My flock are all pets, they all have names, they respond to their own name, and they will happy live out their days in the flock even when they slowdown/stop laying.
You could do a mix of the starter and a grower if you would like. This may help with the too much feed.
That’s good, I just wanted to make sure it wouldn’t cause a problem, I’ve never had chickens before😺

Hihi. I have excess Chick crumb, can I feed it to my 9, or they might be 12 week, chickens? I’ve got 10kg of crumbs and only 4 birds. I don’t want to waste it but I don’t know anyone near me who has or breeds chicken.
Mix in the leftover stuff with some of your new food. This will help them transition to the new food over time and then you use it up in the process !

Main difference between starter and grower is generally protein % and the name. I don't look at what it's called, I go by nutrition panel. Posting that would be helpful.

I have no issue feeding unmedicated starter to chicks and adults, and the older birds enjoy it a lot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 6
Your chick crumb is 19% Protein.
I feed all ages 18 to 20% Protein chick Starter-Grower or All-Flock feed. Non-Medicated after 10 weeks old.

My pullets 25 weeks old, and hens 26 months old eat these with Oyster Shells separately.
20201021_052441_resized.jpg

GC

Back
Top Bottom