Too much grass - mineral oil?

HensInTheForest

Songster
Apr 1, 2022
Minnesota
So this girl got lethargic a day or 2 ago.
Not eating much but drinking alot.

I don't feel a crop issue but TBH don't know what it would feel like. Seems small and fine to me.

This is her butt today. Looks like alot of grass trying to come out.

I just gave her coconut oil at 5pm she only took a small amount. I didn't chill it first now I get that part. Trying mineral oil next sounds more effective from the forum here.

There is no smell in her rear so I don't think it's vent Cleaned her up after this photo and separated her she is just sitting down in coop then in run.

How much mineral oil should I give and how often?

Also treating her for vent gleet tomorrow just in case. That’s a lot of discharge. Giving her a good soak or 2.

Thanks all for any advice.
No bound egg. . .
20230922_173335.jpg
20230923_161628.jpg

Last edited:
So this girl got lethargic a day or 2 ago.
Not eating much but drinking alot.

I don't feel a crop issue but TBH don't know what it would feel like. Seems small and fine to me.

This is her butt today. Looks like alot of grass trying to come out.

I just gave her coconut oil at 5pm she only took a small amount. I didn't chill it first now I get that part. Trying mineral oil next sounds more effective from the forum here.

There is no smell in her rear so I don't think it's vent Cleaned her up after this photo and separated her she is just sitting down in coop then in run.

How much mineral oil should I give and how often?

Also treating her for vent gleet tomorrow just in case. That’s a lot of discharge. Giving her a good soak or 2.

Thanks all for any advice.
No bound egg. . .View attachment 3643727View attachment 3643725
That looks like vent gleet (yeast infection). She needs probiotics (Greek yogurt or any yogurt) to ingest and monostate or something like that on her vent. I'd soak her first, pat dry or blow dry her tush and then apply that.

Back
Top Bottom