Too much rain

Chicken Judy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 14, 2014
Newnan, GA
Here in GA we have had days of really heavy rains. Now my chicken run is sopping wet. I'm afraid that if it doesn't dry out soon it will damage their feet. Anyone out there got any advise. I put up saw horses with a 2x4 across it so maybe they can roost up there during the day. Anything else I can do. I did move their food into the coop (its small) so maybe they can eat dry food.

I had this problem this summer. What I did was put a piece of either wood or concrete on the ground so they had something to stand on.

Good that you put the food in the coop. The mud won't damage the bird's feet.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Thanks for the help. I'll see if I can round something up. I'm still learning how to use the site. One my girls got locked out of the auto door last night during all this rain. She managed to find the only semi dry spot in the run. So glad it was not cold to go with the rain. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC and Happy Holidays! Perches etc so they can get off the ground help, if you can get some wood skids those are usually pretty handy for making a nice sized dryer spot of them to stand on.

Back
Top Bottom