1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Brianm97

Brianm97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    ok my coop is on my page except now there is a nest box off the side can i have 6 in there? well i already kinda do but i was wondering if that was ok? the always have access to the run and almost are always free ranging

2. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    That doesn't seem like much area for 4 hens. Especially the Leghorn. You must have clipped that ones wings.

3. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

It looks tight but if all they do is roost and nest inside the coop you may get by. Keep the feed and water fount outside and watch for pecking and fighting issues but hopefully they will not develop

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Cute coop - but I agree that it looks really small for 6 adult birds, so I'm glad to hear that they mostly freerange. If you get snowy winters, I'd watch them carefully, because being cooped up together results in much different behaviors than being out and about all day.

5. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

Your coop looks long enough, but needs to be deeper, so there's more floor space. My girls love to walk around and scratch through the straw on the floor. My girls also free range daily.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by