Took hen out for injury how and when do I put her back they are 6weeks old

Montana95

Hatching
Mar 3, 2022
Hello my flock is 10 buff orpingtons 10 silverlaced wyandottes and 2 polish. One of my polish got a boo boo I took her out because chickens are attracted to blood she's all healed up its only been 3 days is there a way I should go about putting her back? They are 6-7 weeks old

With supervision - what cause the booboo? The reason I am asking is often times polish birds do not mix well with full size birds. But the size thing is not so different at 6 weeks as it will be later on, so might not be a problem at this time.

I would watch, I would not expect a lot of trouble at this young of age...but how did she get hurt before?

How much space do you have? Are they in the coop? Space can cause problems as they grow.

I would watch and carefully monitor. But I don't think you will have a problem unless you had a problem that caused this, then it will get worse.

Mrs K

With supervision - what cause the booboo? The reason I am asking is often times polish birds do not mix well with full size birds. But the size thing is not so different at 6 weeks as it will be later on, so might not be a problem at this time.

I would watch, I would not expect a lot of trouble at this young of age...but how did she get hurt before?

How much space do you have? Are they in the coop? Space can cause problems as they grow.

I would watch and carefully monitor. But I don't think you will have a problem unless you had a problem that caused this, then it will get worse.

Mrs K
I believe it was space just my luck the day I finished the roof on the coop and was moving them into it she got what looked like a feather plucked but now they are outside I haven't had anymore problems thank goodness!

Back
Top Bottom