Took me a year, but I finally joined!

EdenHallow

Chirping
Jul 19, 2019
Wisconsin
Hi! My name is Niki. I live on Eden Hallow Acres, an 8 acre homestead, with my husband, the dog, and the chickens. We recently lost most of our flock to a raccoon attack, so currently we have 3 crazy (currently unnamed) white leghorns, an ISA brown (Rita the P.I.T.A), and an unknown mixed breed rooster named Roofus. We also have 2 three week old (our first that we hatched here on the homestead!), and 6 two week old (that we ordered), along with 8 meat chickens in the brooder box. I can’t wait for my coop to be full again!
I joined because I am a relatively new chicken mama (a year in June), and pretty much every time I had a chicken question and googled it, I ended up here. :thumbsup

1651148-0d831e6d52f44f8dc45ae552dbe35f48.gif

So glad you decided to join our community. Best of luck rebuilding your flock!

We have tightened the security. We also put a trail cam and a live trap out there and we eliminated 3 coons. We’re still setting the trap at night just in case ;).
We have a coop, turned shed that was on the property when we bought it. We turned it back into a coop and fenced in a large area around it. The hens usually fly over the fence though and free range the around the yard most of the day.

Back
Top Bottom