TOOK MR "O" POSSUM FOR A RIDE

Possum couldn't resist the shelled hard boiled eggs, found him in the Have-A-Heart at daybreak. Took him for a ride to the big woods and bid him adios. Ambled out of the trap and moseyed into the swamp without so much as a look back. THAT'S THE THANKS I GET? :idunno Wild life, who knows what they'll do,
He really should be grateful you didn’t shoot him/drown him/etc. I would have.

Like I said, "I must be getting soft in my old age". I still don't tolerate Yotes, Fox, feral cats and dogs. Racoons either.
ah.
i tolerate feral cat/dogs if they haven't attacked anything. but any animal that hurts my birds is dinner.
and yes, I have had Racoon pie. it's super good. you should try

Had Racoon once back in '64 never again! Same with Bear! Thanks but no thanks. :sick
We all love deer, bear, coon, squirrel, rabbit, hare, etc.
You clearly didn’t have a good bear though. The secret is to get it before it has all the nasty fish, and is only eating all the fresh Maine blueberries, and being chased away by the farmers who harvest those blueberries and send them down to Massachusetts. The people down there…
And I’m rambling.
Anyway, the fish makes bear taste bad.

We all love deer, bear, coon, squirrel, rabbit, hare, etc.
You clearly didn’t have a good bear though. The secret is to get it before it has all the nasty fish, and is only eating all the fresh Maine blueberries, and being chased away by the farmers who harvest those blueberries and send them down to Massachusetts. The people down there…
And I’m rambling.
Anyway, the fish makes bear taste bad.
Maine is where I had the bear. We lived in Greenville on the Eastern side of Moosehead. Also had some Moose which was over the top delicious.

I give possums a pass as long as they don't show up in the daytime or try to break into the coop or run at night.

I had to dispatch two because they started "day walking" around the chickens while they were free-ranging. The roosters ran them off but I trapped them the following night.

A few nights later I'd forgotten when I cleaned the traps out and left them to dry I'd left one open. So the next morning I'm eating breakfest and see a movement by the cages and lo and behold a third possum trapped itself in the empty live trap. So I let the little idiot out and the guineas had fun chasing it out of the yard.

So as an experiment that night opened both cage traps to see what would happen and sure enough a couple hours after dark the little idiot wandered back in. So the following morning I took the trap outside the fence and let it out: it ran into the fence a couple times (like literally head-butting it) and then took off into the woods.

Weird little guy.

Back
Top Bottom