Top For Our Pheasant Run?? Help..

I just got 1 inch by 1 inch plastic netting at lowes for 12 bucks for a 5 foot long roll that is 36 inches wide. I thought that was a SMOKIN deal!!! I am working on my room for my girls right now should be done in a few minutes.... girls go in.... nest boxes go in.... food goes in. Water goes in Becca goes to bed... (BTW my name is Rebecca!)

Will post photos of room ASAP!!!!

Last edited:
That would be wonderful! Thanks!!!!
smile.png

There's different strengths of the netting. One is 85 pounds impact strength - rated for pheasants, the more expensive one. Then there's the medium, I think its 30 pounds strength, and then light. It is very similar to fishing net. It's used a lot at ball parks and golf courses driving ranges.

Comes in different sized holes, 1/2", 1", 2". 2" will keep an adult bird in but from what I understand not a youngster or a quail. Y'all experts correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Evidently the way the netting is put together is different too. Some is knotted, some is not.

I lost one hen right after I got her. She flew at me when I opened the door to her cage and flew up into a tree and was gone the next day. She may still be around, but I haven't seen her. Because of losing one, I went with the 85 pound strength. I didn't want one to be able to break through the netting.

They do fly very very well. Mine fly around their run. It's 30' x 22' From what I understand, pheasants will fly straight up when spooked. Told this from people who have encountered them in the wild. I got a 50' x 50' piece so I have enough for the next pen. And will get more of it for my turkey run. Mine weighed 27 pounds. I'll be posting a pic tomorrow on my thread about my new pen. Ticks has some nice pics of his runs too. His runs are really nice.

A link to pics of his, you can see the netting very well.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=69364&p=2

Thank you, yea, we have a run that is 20' X 12'..and we are going to put up another one soon that is the same size or a little bigger.....

Thank you for all of the help!!

-Nicole

Back
Top Bottom