Top O' the mornin to ya!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by eaglesnest, Feb 2, 2009.

1. eaglesnest

eaglesnest Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2009
    North Andover, MA
    Hello to all. We just joined over the weekend and are very excited about beginning our small chicken farm. We are currently renting a house north of Boston, MA that sits on 12 acres of idle land. We are surrounded by the "bedroom" suburbs and can't wait to bring a little "country" back to the area.
    We are going to start of with 3 or 4 RIR's and take it from there. Primarily, we want the eggs and the experience of the whole thing....but I think that we are probably working toward developing a self sustaining farm on our own land.
    Anyway...happy to be here, happy to see such a big site set up for local chickens, and happy to receive any advice yall can give.[​IMG]
  2. cristy17

cristy17 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]. Enjoy the stay!
  3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG] It's always nice to meet people who have self-sufficiency on the brain. [​IMG]
  4. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

5. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Top of the morning to you too!!!!!!

Sounds like you have a nice place there.

Good for ya!!!

6. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Welcome [​IMG]

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN
  8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan

So glad to have you here! Thanks for joining! [​IMG]
  9. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    From Old Town, Maine
  10. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Greetings & felicitations to you, my friend! Welcome to a site full of wonderful, friendly, knowledgeable people who are gracious enough to share their time & expertise & experience with those of us who ask. There's a wealth of information, and a great group of down to earth people who enjoy sharing pix and stories about the ups and downs, joys and heartache of having chickens & other pets and livestock. Hope to see you around frequently! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by