Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

I rephrased my post here to say I used it that way not that that is it's purpose. just to use it up haven't bought any since. Having 31 birds I go through 100 lbs of feed in a month or a little more. I store in a steel container also.

Gotcha. I don't even like that crap in my formulated feed. Worthless filler. I know folks in more humid areas have a concern about steel cans "sweating" and feed getting damp.

Quote:
I had the same thing happen using Southern States feed when I was using it years ago. The weevils literally broke the crumbles down to fine powder. I gave it to my hogs and switched to Nutrena crumbles and havnt had any problems since. I'm currently running into problems with 10 pound packages of cracked corn with weevils in them. I just keep the package in the freezer to kill the weevils. I dont give the cracked corn to my chickens that often anyway.

Quote:The exact dose is 0.08ml (cc) per *pound*. If none of your chickens weigh more than 6 pounds, the 0.5 cc dose you gave them is close enough. Make sense?
big_smile.png

1 pound gets 0.08 ml - okay to round up to 0.1 ml
2 pounds gets 0.16 ml - okay to round up to 0.2 ml
3 pounds gets 0.24 ml - okay to round up to 0.25 ml
4 pounds gets 0.32 ml - okay to round up to 0.4 ml
5 pounds gets 0.40 ml
6 pounds gets 0.48 ml - okay to round up to 0.5 ml
7 pounds gets 0.56 ml - okay to round up to 0.6 ml
8 pounds gets 0.64 ml - okay to round up to 0.7 ml
9 pounds gets 0.72 ml - okay to round up to 0.8 ml
10 pounds gets 0.8 ml
11 pounds gets 0.88 ml - okay to round up to 0.9 ml
12 pounds gets 0.96 ml - okay to round up to 1 ml

-Kathy

Edited to fix one small typo and add this:
Valbazen is very safe, so don't worry about giving the smaller ones too much, the 0.5 cc dose you gave to anything under six pounds is perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Please, always check my math, cause I do make typos!

Doses should be weight of bird in pounds, times 0.08 ml = number of ml to give that bird.

-Kathy

Edited to add: This is for Valbazen.

Last edited:
Gotcha. I don't even like that crap in my formulated feed. Worthless filler. I know folks in more humid areas have a concern about steel cans "sweating" and feed getting damp.
Another one is DE with Red Clay earth heard any good things about it? as far as humidity I keep a fan running in my feed room in hot months it does help. Also don't use the steel can in humid months I switch to plastic.

SC has so much humidity that I have to use a plastic trash can, the metal one molds feed in short order.

Well, if you ever have trouble with anything trying to chew through plastic, get some desiccant packs like the ones used in ammo storage. They will stop the humidity levels in steel cans. I keep my feed bagged and set it in steel cans. I keep silica packs in the bottom of cans during Summer.

Another one is DE with Red Clay earth heard any good things about it? as far as humidity I keep a fan running in my feed room in hot months it does help. Also don't use the steel can in humid months I switch to plastic.

My chickens get enough clay in soil around here. Probiotics, supplements which cleanse and support the liver and immune system, and a quality diet are more important in my opinion. My birds have lots of room and plenty of earth. I see DE as totally obsolete when it comes to chickens.

Back
Top Bottom