Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

I'm sorry but I'm confused (wish I could say that it just happened but it's a pretty constant theme with me). If I'm treating for roundworms, is it a one shot deal with follow up in 2 weeks? Or must I dose for 5 consecutive days?Because if that's the case, I've been doing it wrong all this time (which is very good possibility...lol !!!)
Thanks
-kim-

I'm sorry but I'm confused (wish I could say that it just happened but it's a pretty constant theme with me). If I'm treating for roundworms, is it a one shot deal with follow up in 2 weeks? Or must I dose for 5 consecutive days?Because if that's the case, I've been doing it wrong all this time (which is very good possibility...lol !!!)
Thanks
-kim-

Kim, what wormer are you using?

Thanks
-kim-

For just just roundworms and cecal worms, the amount of Safeguard liquid *or* paste I use is 0.23 ml per pound *once*, repeat in 10 days. This is the amount my vets advised me to use.

-Kathy

Last edited:
FWIW, using that amount seems to be quite effective... All fecals to date have been negative.

-Kathy

FWIW, using that amount seems to be quite effective... All fecals to date have been negative.

-Kathy

That's too much work for 5 days straight. I'll just go with Albendazole liquid or tabs.I could always change up with Flubendazole, or Oxfendazole tabs.

It is a lot of work when I decide to worm all the peafowl and turkeys for capillary worms.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom