Topeka, Indiana sale

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Trefoil, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Has anyone been? Do they usually have lots of peacocks & game birds??

2. bandbaustin

bandbaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Valparaiso, IN
    I have been thinking about going to check it out.. I know the wolf lake swap has quite a few birds I've been told.

3. featherhead

featherhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2008
    Kentucky, USA
    The Milton Farm Swap (Milton, KY right across the river from Madison IN) happens every Mother's Day and Labor Day weekends. They usually have quite a lot of poultry, though I've never seen any pheasant. Sellers will have peafowl, some waterfowl, etc. We go every year even though we aren't in the market for more birds. It's not a large swap, but interesting. And if you need poultry cages, this is a great place to pick them up. It's in the Milton Community Park, about 2 blocks from the river.

4. bandbaustin

bandbaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Valparaiso, IN
    Trefoil, where in Indiana are you located? There is also the tri k swaps at kankakee

5. Trefoil

Dec 7, 2011
    I live in the thumb of Michigan, that's why I would like to know if there are going to be lots of birds before I go. Also, I just lost my blackshoulder peacock and am looking to replace him.

6. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    I called promoters of this swap and asked how many Peafowl my be there,,a man a spoke with said possibly 75-100 peafowl was expected

7. Trefoil

Dec 7, 2011
    Thanks everybody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by