1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

TOPIC CLOSED??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Davaroo, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    I see the mods and staff have closed the topic on guns and gun ownership. I was half-expecting that. Im sorry to see it [​IMG]

Censorship on the part of those ertain leaders, who offer no other redress aside from "because we said so," is intolerable. Since they insist on that power of exclusion and the only option is to submit - I am leaving. Another of our freedoms, I might add.

It has been fun and I really have learned alot about both chickens and my friends during this journey. Thanks to all of you.

2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Sorry to see you go Elderoo. Take care.

3. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I may not agree with what you say, feel or preach but I have seen the finest go to protect your right to say it- there is a problem however I teach this on a daily Basis ..

Your Right To Free Speech ends where the other the mans nose begins- It is a para-phrased quotto.

The rub is this Board isn't a free speech venue -
    Start one -

It goes real ugly without rules the service is not improved in anyway - what happens is it becomes a place to say a whole lot of angry things with no value-
    this is a chicken board - Has nothing to do with the right to own guns-
    I have always been a rule person you do not raise Marines without rules. In true military fashion learn the rules and then figure out the limit to each one before it is considered breaking them. If I am infamous for anything it is side-stepping a rule to obtain things for Students
    but here it is a chicken board -
    so hang out and talk chicken ---

4. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    Quote:Well stated, I didn't participate with this particular poll due to the fact that I am here to discuss chickens.

5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Well said, Sharisr32 . Thank you.

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Same rules people. This is a privately owned CHICKEN board, not an open political debate arena. The owners can allow whatever content they wish and the moderators make sure that intent is followed. There are plenty of forums for debating rights and politcal agendas. This is a chicken board.

Moderation
    Moderation is not ever a topic for open forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via private message.
    • If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact the moderator via private message.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled chickens. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by