Topic of the Week - Duck Housing

Pics
I love this idea of the buckets! We have so many of these from our orphan foal rescues and I keep them around in case we need one for something. This is the perfect repurpose for them! I will be doing it this weekend!
:thumbsup And you can take repurposing further....I ask to have the empty pails that the frostings come in from our local bakery. They’re always happy to give them away.

I have to buy the buckets at our bakery but for 1.00 sure can't beat having food grade buckets.
Really? Sorry....mine give it to me for free because it just adds bulk to her trash bin, but she's local. I got all the free buckets I needed when making eating and drinking buckets for the ducklings as they were growing.....so it allowed me to change out the diameter of the opening for their heads and adjust the height as well.

But yes, $1 is better than $7 for the same small sized pail that the farm store charges...and that's the sale price.

Yep know exactly what you’re thinking....been playing with an idea of a split door. The bottom half would have a piano-type hinge on two pieces of plywood that mountain fold (like in origami) while the top half would flip out side wards like a regular door. Only problem would be hinges of ramp would prolly be the weakest point. And no, I don’t have any pics
Try looking for hinges made for horse trailer ramps. If it can stand up to horses it can hold you and ducks no problem.

Making progress. All materials except hardware are free/salvaged. The floor is about a 40 inch square and it's about 3 ft high. One roof panel is hinged and folds down for people access for egg collection and cleaning. IMG_6179.JPG IMG_6180.JPG IMG_6181.JPG

Back
Top Bottom