Topic of the Week - What do/can you do with unwanted roosters?

Pics
Flies, stink, and trash pick-up. Feathers floating around the neighborhood. Consideration for neighbors. Property values. In suburbia neighbors are often not that far away and the ones that are considerate of neighbors often face restrictions because of the behaviors of the ones that are not considerate.

Are there ways around these problems? Absolutely, if people will use them. Will everybody use those methods? Sometimes it is easer to ban things than to deal with the ones that don't.

I purposely avoided living in city limits and HOA's so I don't have these restrictions. Where I live is my choice and where I choose is my choice. I live with the consequences of my choice.
Sensible answer. I do often forget about those folks who don't look after their business as they should 😕

I agree with Yorkshire Coops. If I can find a new home for them I do, if not then they are culled, and donated to a local wild bird rehabber. They get a great home for their (short) lives, and a quick and painless end.

While I could eat them, small as they are, I just can not bring myself to do it - just loose my appetite. If I had to, I could, but just don't care to.

Actually, it's almost guaranteed someone will.
Give 'em an inch......

These laws or rules are typically in response to something that has happened, not because something might happen. They might have happened in another jurisdiction but they still happened.

It's still nuts.

Punish the guilty, don't forbid everyone from doing reasonable things because someone did it wrong.

And every night you can hear cows and coyotes so what's the difference really. Every morning the mill is very loud to so.

Indeed.

My one in-town neighbor didn't mind our rooster if we didn't mind his muscle car. :)

Back
Top Bottom