tornado link

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
this happened about 40 minutes from our house.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110602/ap_on_re_us/us_severe_weather

several people from my work.... homes destroyed... there was little warning. this is very rare in our parts of the us
sad.png

I'm in NH and we had warnings all over the place yesterday. I was actually starting to get a bit nervous, plotting to cage my cats and sit in the bathtub!
lol.png
Tornados are rare here too, however there was one a few years ago (before I lived here) that completely demolished an area only a couple miles down the road. One guy is still making a living making hand made benches from all the fallen trees. I was a little nervous though. News kept saying "Go to the basement". I'm like, I have no basement!!!
he.gif
Then I got thinking about my chickens and really panicked. Turned out it completely missed me, barely even rained, but it did touch down in another town. I heard western Mass got hit pretty bad, 4 killed and like 200 injured!

Edited to add: DUH. Didn't read your link before posting, that is the exact story I read.
lol.png

Last edited:
Yep! Crazy stuff! Those poor people..
We were VERY lucky here..it hit all around our towns..but missed my town.
th.gif

Poor small Monson too.. from the news it looks like they lost their beautiful old church and their only grocery store..(Adams )...
sad.png

Hey! I remember a member on here from Monson.... Hope she is okay!
fl.gif

Another link of the one that hit Spfd. Thats the Ct River(where we go boating) and the Memorial bridge.
Really really brings home how close all this was. My mother COULD have been in that area yesterday too. She usually brings our foster kids to therapy on Wed. at that time. But..thank god the therapist was out sick yesterday so she didnt have to bring the kids there. We were talking about how she would have been there RIGHT at the time of that twister.
barnie.gif

Quote:
I know, I saw that church, what a shame. Like 135 years old, something like that? I was thinking of YOU yesterday, I even googled it to see how close you were...

And to think people in other areas of this country deal with this stuff all the time... guess we should be thankful.

My brother just called..hes working in Monson... he said its nothing like you see on t.v... its total devastation.
They went to a farm house and they said they cant even find their cows... just gone..
hit.gif

So sad..
Houses just picked up and thrown in a field...
Wow..

Quote:
Oh my God, I knew it was bad, but didn't realize it was THAT bad. That's awful. I literally cannot imagine what I would do if I lost everything like that.

Back
Top Bottom