Tornado watch now????

hugs.gif
I hope you stay safe... I get scared when are radio goes of with a tornado warning too.
big_smile.png

We always get whatever weather y'all get. We are in the extreme NE part of MS and the weatherman said to expect severe storms tomorrow but I didn't catch what time they are supposed to move in. We are at 77 degrees right now and that's never good at the end of Oct. I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

It's getting worse by the minute. Twice I've gone outside to check the skies because I've heard that familiar roar that a tornado makes. As a friend who narrowly missed being injured by one says, it sounds like the devil is coming to get you.
hide.gif

The weather alarm radio has been going off regularly for the past half hour. T-storm warnings, more tornado watches, flood warnings.
DH will be getting off at 6 PM. I'll feel better once he's home.

Quote:
You're not going to like this one, trust me. I generally love a good storm, but this one is very unpredictable and persistant at the same time.
It's moving north/northeast judging by the radar, but not going anywhere fast. The weather radio has one warning interrupting on top of the others.
Still under the tornado threat. DH should be home soon, IF he doesn't end up having to stay at work due to bad weather in town.

LMAO! You sound like the people in the Wal-Mart tonight!

They were FREAKING OUT about the Tornado watches! lol! When I said "It's just a watch" I got really weird looks...

I'm sorry, but I'm from OK. Don't get me STARTED on how your "warning" system is. A warning in OK is when a tornado is CONFIRMED on the ground. Not when a storm has the potential to produce a tornado, or is showing rotation.

All I care about is where the tornado is when it touches down...if it's in the next county over, pft....

I don't like tornado watches/warnings anyway. There's no where to go here, so.....ignorance is bliss in my opinion. I'd rather just not know.

We're under a flood warning though, the Saline River is expected to hit 22 feet by tomorrow night. It wont flood our house, but it will mess up a lot around town and people we know.

Our back yard already feels like walking on a sponge -- and we have the best drainage/highest property on our street! Usually it's the neighbors who are walking in puddles, not us.

Back
Top Bottom