Tornado watch now????

wild sky... how much snow did you get? Aunt in Ogallalla said they got 12"
Just rain here in the central part of state, geese love it, chickens and dogs hate it!

Aw man, there are about ten surrounding counties that are either under a tornado warning or thunderstorm warning. The news is showing the weather radar and its either red or purple ALL around us. At least my mottled javas are hatching !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Be safe. Told ya it was a bad front. Beautiful fall weather on the other side of it though.
If you haven't yet, you might want to consider investing in a Midland Public Alert weather radio ($35 @ walmart). You program it with your county code and the codes for surrounding counties if you prefer, and it will sound an alarm if NOAA has an watch/warning affecting your county. The alarm is followed by the report. Handy to have since most of us turn our TVs and radios off when sleeping. It warned us of the tornados that hit here last spring, ahead of time. You can also turn it on for a weather report for your county anytime you want one.
My doctor was telling me that the state of Arkansas is considering providing these in place of the tornado sirens the towns use. We live too far out of town to hear the sirens.

Well it went as fast as it came. I was standing out on the porch poking my head all around looking and BAM the cold front came across. It went from 84 degrees to being able to see your breath when you talk. Gotta love Fall in the South.

Quote:
Not too much I can't measure and with the wind and drifts its difficult to guess, but I'd say around 3-4 inches. most of its melted off - just the big piles and shady spots still have snow.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Not too much I can't measure and with the wind and drifts its difficult to guess, but I'd say around 3-4 inches. most of its melted off - just the big piles and shady spots still have snow.
big_smile.png

You're probably loving that beautiful new wood stove you just installed.

Back
Top Bottom