TORNADO!!!

The bathtub is a great place to go, as is a closet. I am leery of basements, know people around here to actually were trapped in their basements because the storm moved the house off of the foundation. . .my mom was terrified of storms, and luckily I took after my dad. . .I just have a healthy respect for them.

hugs.gif
to you and hope you all continue to be safe throughout the storm.

I would not like to experience a tornado.... gale force winds here are bad enough for me......

Will keep you in my prayers.

GFF, has the weather settled down yet? I'm sure you'll be fine. I lost my home in a tornado in 1998. Wild ride let me tell you! My wife and son and I rode it out in the bathtub. I was gun shy of any thunderstorms for a about a year after that. On a side note, I used to travel through Elizabethtown when I was going back and forth between home and Camp Lejeune. Seemed like a nice place to live. Good Luck!
smile.png

At least you weren't out on the road driving in the dark. I have heard stories of people driving right into a tornado in the middle of the night because they couldn't see it.

Safety tip... If you have to be out driving in weather where tornadoes are likely, use lightning to help you spot. This has saved people's lives more than once.

Back
Top Bottom