Torrent Ducks

ColtHandorf

🙄🤚 Sass Master
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Feb 19, 2019
Klondike, Texas
I was watching Our Planet yesterday while I was cleaning and doing laundry and had to stop to admire these gorgeous ducks! Torrent ducks are absolutely stunning. Apparently they can be found in aviculture, although they are not at all common. Oh, Hannah, (@The Phantom ) I found a new bird for you to keep so you can photograph it for us. :) Seriously, I think they are so incredibly striking. I think I like them more than I do Rosy-billed Pochards, and those have always been a favorite of mine.

I was watching Our Planet yesterday while I was cleaning and doing laundry and had to stop to admire these gorgeous ducks! Torrent ducks are absolutely stunning. Apparently they can be found in aviculture, although they are not at all common. Oh, Hannah, (@The Phantom ) I found a new bird for you to keep so you can photograph it for us. :) Seriously, I think they are so incredibly striking. I think I like them more than I do Rosy-billed Pochards, and those have always been a favorite of mine.
I definitely love them and have been trying to find someone that raises them. I have heard they are very touchy ducks and need to be kept in a cold fast flowing river type set up. Rosy Pochards are very cool! I just have the red crested.
A82B3B50-9F36-48A3-B573-95715CD0A15F.jpeg

That's very cool. If you find some that will be very exciting. I just find them such a gorgeous duck. The Red-crested are cool. I lived in Tyler, TX for a while and the Caldwell Zoo there has a fairly extensive waterfowl collection. In the South American area they have a large breeding group of the Rosybill Pochard. Some of the photos on the Rosybill page on Feathersite are pictures that I took while their at the zoo. Their North American section is pretty inclusive. I also adore the African Pygmy Geese. :love

Back
Top Bottom