Total Loss

Quote:
It's a large weasel about the size of a house cat. Very sneaky and terrifically aggressive if confronted.

Deb- I'm not sure if it was one or more. I am not altogether certain how it even got in. There has to be a hidden tunnel somewhere. The section of the barn being used this year is quite old with many little nooks, a field stone foundation, partial concrete flooring, partial stone flooring... Typical New England barn that has been added onto and altered as many times as generations have owned it.

weasels are kina like snakes or rats it only takes a very small hole for them to get in, if a fisher is getting in a grey fox can too

I'm so sorry to hear that CMV.
sad.png

Sorry to hear about what happened. Weasels are climbers that hard to stop due to being so tiny. I've had them walk up to me and chatter at me, try to scare me off. They are fearless and fast.

Is it possible to build a giant, framed rabbit hutch out of 1/4 or 1/2 inch HW cloth. mount the brooder cages on a cart and be able to smoothly roll the brooder(s) in and out of it for access to the chicks? Just trying to throw out ideas to help with security.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom