Totally Amazing egg inside an egg

zook

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 21, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I posted about this huge egg one of my ducks laid this week, A 170gram egg. i decided to give my dog a treat. I cracked it into the fry pan. Out comes a yolk and egg white then clunk a whole duck egg in shell lands in the fry pan.I cracked it and it contained the normal yolk and egg. So this duck produced an egg I guess then another and both were encased in one huge shell. Awesome. I saw one on the net before but wow. Any body else have one of those.

WOW!! I have never had one of those before, but it is absolutely amazing!
ep.gif

Poor duck to lay an egg that big.
Many of her eggs are quite large. Although 170 grams is very large. I wish she just laid normal size eggs. Maybe thats more normal for her. I have a muscovy that laid a normal size egg and a 1" diameter egg the same morning. She was alone in her enclosure so i know only she could have laid it. The tiny egg contained no yolk only what looked like a sperm clump in it.
I have 5 Americauna mix chicken hens, 3 lay pink eggs, 1 lays green eggs and one lays blue eggs. The pink and green eggs are always medium to large size and the blue eggs are always jumbo and larger. And they all lay an egg a day. Seems to be no set standard they do lay strangely at times.

One of my runner girls was trying to lay n egg was stuck it wasn't a hard one just a soft one I helped by pulling it , later on I went to put them to bed n found an enormous soft egg but when I picked it up it had a perfect egg inside it I broke the egg to see what it was like n it was totally normal but I didn't fancy eating so I threw it out

Back
Top Bottom