Tote incubator

Chelseyb123

Songster
Oct 4, 2017
Maine
So I made a plastic tote still air incubator an hatched out three chicks.but would of had a total of seven some how my humidity spiked to like 80%and I lost four. I candled them today since they were due Saturday with no peeps or movement. The air sack was almost the size of the eggs. But I have three happy healthy little chicks (wyandottes). Here are two before placing the third one in the brooder.

Attachments

• 0219181355a.jpg
    0219181355a.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 16
A humidity spike wouldn't have killed your remaining chicks:hugs(it's always sad to lose babies). I regularly hatch quail in 87%. If the air cells were so large it sounds like the opposite problem. What was your humidity before lockdown?

Your babies are adorable! :love Wyandottes are such pretty birds. You'll have to try again you know! Incubating is very addictive and having those cute little fluff balls around is addictive too.

It was between 60-70% and then there was no sign of movement act so I candled them and the air sac was like half the size of the eggs. All babies were ready to hatch but some how didn't. And thank you. Yes wyndottes have become my favorite an they are hard to get in maine you either have to order them or if you can get some local they are usually gone fast.

Back
Top Bottom